Gold Coast Danger and Warnings
Personal Security in Gold Coast
The city of Gold Coast is located in Queensland, Australia, and is known for its beautiful beaches and tourist attractions. While it is generally a safe city, there are still dangers and precautions that residents and visitors should be aware of to ensure their personal security.
- Petty crime such as theft and pickpocketing can happen in busy tourist areas.
- Violence and assaults can occur in areas with high alcohol consumption or late at night.
- Scams targeting tourists can happen in popular areas.
- Be cautious when walking alone at night.
- Avoid leaving belongings unattended in public places.
- Be wary of unsolicited offers or invitations from strangers.
- Do not leave valuables in your car.
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your personal belongings.
- In case of emergency, call 000 immediately.
- The Australian Government's Smart Traveller website provides relevant safety and advisory information for tourists and travellers visiting Gold Coast. (https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/pacific/australia)
- The Queensland Police Service website provides information on crime prevention and personal safety tips. (https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/personalSafetyTips.htm)